Webinar: Retirement Planning by Public Servants: Are They Ready?
Date: 30 June 20
Time: 10.30am – 12.30pm
The Social Wellbeing Research Centre (SWRC) in collaboration with the Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, organized a webinar on “Perancangan Persaraan Dalam Kalangan Penjawat Awam: Bersediakah Mereka?” (Retirement Planning by Public Servants: Are They Ready?). The webinar which was held via Zoom aimed at deliberating and discussing the realities from findings of a research carried over a year and a half.
Among the interesting areas discussed include:
(1) Level of planning by public servants in preparation of life after retirement;
(2) The estimated proportion of public servants planning to return to work upon retirement;
(3) Projected analysis of financial stability for public servants within retirement period;
(4) Level of financial literacy and preparedness among public servants in facing life after retirement; and
(5) Social protection and wellbeing empowerment mechanisms for public servants.
Panelists at the webinar included Associate Professor Dr. Kuppusamy Singaravelloo (topic: Public Servant Retirement: Issues and Challenges), Dr. Yong Sook Lu and Dr Nurhidayah Abdullah (topic: Status of Future Retirees) as well as Dr. Muzalwana Abdul Talib and Dr. Nurul Liyana Mohd Kamil (topic: Perception, Reality and Policy Recommendations). Emeritus Professor Datuk Dr. Norma Mansor, Director of SWRC was the moderator of the webinar.